Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa
Ainley Group is currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer to join our Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa office. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities for preparing design and contract drawings, cross-sections, schedules and quantity estimates for municipal infrastructure projects in a dynamic design team setting.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while coordinating projects and interfacing with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete hydrologic/hydraulic modeling to support municipal infrastructure designs.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of existing stormwater management facilities.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed stormwater Master Plans for large and/or small watersheds.
- Prepare contract specifications, tender documents, and applications for approvals.
- Coordinate and mentor junior staff working within the division.
- Liaise with clients, sub-consultants, contractors and construction supervision staff.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals for future projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed in Ontario or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) with a minimum of 7 years of relevant water resources experience in preferably in a consulting engineering organization in Ontario.
- Strong computer software skills including HEC-2, HEC-RAS, PCSWMM, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel & MS Project.
- Experience in planning, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction administration associated with stormwater infrastructure for municipal road and bridge projects.
- Have a track record of obtaining approval of infrastructure designs from approval authorities and environmental agencies.
- Skilled in cost estimating and specification writing.
- Independent, organized and motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Water Resources Engineer
Location: Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa