Kingston or Belleville
Ainley Group is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our Kingston or Belleville office. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan and design all aspects of transportation networks in a dynamic design team setting.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while coordinating projects and interfacing with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the preliminary and detailed designs and oversee the construction administration associated with highway design projects for the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and municipalities throughout Ontario;
- Lead local and regional teams in the preparation and submission of expressions of interest and proposals to source new highway design projects;
- Supervise other designers and technical support staff engaged in the design of highways;
- Assisting with the training, mentoring, assessing and recruiting of staff; and
- Liaise with clients, sub-consultants, contractors and construction supervision staff.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed in Ontario with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in a design office in Ontario;
- Established, good reputation with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and municipalities of Ontario;
- Experience in planning, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction administration associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of divided highways, arterial and collector roads;
- Experience with the MTO design standards, specifications, policies, practices and processes along with MTO’s Highway Costing System (HiCo) and Contract Preparation System (CPS) is essential;
- Independent, organized and motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Senior Transportation Engineer
Location: Kingston or Belleville