Barrie, Collingwood or Mississauga
Ainley Group is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer/Project Manager to join our Barrie, Collingwood or Mississauga Offices. This position requires a skilled individual and people-person, with the ability to manage staff, budgets and have a proven track record as an experienced team leader, as well as having a strong profile and contact network in Ontario. The specifics of the position are as follows:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participating in and/or Project Managing multidisciplinary teams during the completion of Class EA’s, preliminary and detailed designs and/or overseeing the construction administration associated with transportation projects for local/regional municipalities throughout Ontario.
- Project Managing transportation projects which would entail managing resources, schedules, budgets, quality management and project risk assessments. This may include preparing and submitting requests for additional engineering fees associated with scope changes.
- Preparing design reports, coordinating drawing preparation, contract specifications, tender documents, cost estimates and applications for approvals.
- Coordinating and mentoring junior engineering staff including CADD staff working within the department.
- Help design teams with process improvement and Quality Management process.
- Liaising with Clients, sub-consultants, approval authorities, project stakeholders, construction supervision staff and contractors.
- Assisting with the preparation of Proposals for future Transportation projects.
- Has taken project responsibilities by signing and sealing project documents including contract drawings.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed in Ontario with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a Design Office in Ontario.
- Experience in planning, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction administration associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of divided highways, arterial and collector roads, local roads, and bike trails.
- Skilled in cost estimating, quantity preparation and specification writing.
- Have a track record of gaining approval of infrastructure designs from roads authorities and environmental agencies.
- Independent, Organized and Motivated Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefits plan.
- Matched pension plan.
- Participation in company profit-sharing plan
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Senior Transportation Engineer / Project Manager
Location: Barrie, Collingwood or Mississauga