Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa
Ainley Group is looking to add qualified candidates for the position of Senior Municipal Inspector for various land development and municipal infrastructure renewal projects in Belleville, Kingston and Ottawa.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while interfacing with stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Regularly conduct on-site project check-ins to determine proper adherence to contract documents.
- Interpret requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Verify quantities, prepare daily progress reports and maintain written and photographic documentation and records.
- Participate in construction progress meetings.
- Liaise with contractors, field staff, owners, members of the public and other stakeholders.
- Identify and act on contractual or regulatory infractions.
- Ensure compliance with contract standards / specifications.
- Resolve construction issues with the assistance of the Contract Administrator / Project Manager; and
- Other contract administration duties as assigned.
- Civil or Construction Engineering Technology / Technician diploma with a minimum of 10 years of relevant inspection experience in Ontario.
- OACETT designations preferred as a C.E.T. or C.Tech and rcsi.
- rcca designation would be considered an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard engineering and construction principles, practices, and techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction products, materials, and equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations for construction projects.
- Knowledge of Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications.
- Knowledge of City of Ottawa (Ottawa office) and MOE design guidelines.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Senior Inspector – Municipal Engineering
Location: Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa