Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa
Ainley Group is currently seeking a Municipal Project Manager / Engineer to join our Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa office. As a successful candidate, you will use your management and technical abilities to plan and deliver all aspects of municipal infrastructure in a dynamic design team setting.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while coordinating projects and interfacing with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage project teams in the analysis, planning, preliminary and detailed designs and the construction management of:
- Water supply
- Storage and distribution
- Wastewater collection and pumping
- Storm drainage, and
- Road reconstruction
- Manage project resources, schedule, budget, quality management and project risk assessment on behalf of Ainley and our clients.
- Perform engineering and asset management studies and Class Environmental Assessments.
- Prepare design reports, coordinate drawing preparation, contract specifications, tender documents, cost estimates and applications for approvals.
- Coordinate and mentor junior staff working within the department.
- Liaise with clients, sub-consultants, approval authorities, project stakeholders, and contractors.
- Manage construction contract administration and inspection services.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals for future projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed in Ontario with a minimum of 10 years of relevant design and management experience in Ontario.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with engineering teams, clients, project stakeholders and approval authorities verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated motivation to independently manage and deliver projects on behalf of clients.
- Experience in planning, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction administration.
- Have a track record of gaining approval of infrastructure designs from approval authorities and environmental agencies.
- Skilled in cost estimating and specification writing.
- Strong computer software skills including Word, Excel & MS Project.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Project Manager – Municipal Engineering
Location: Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa