Collingwood or Mississauga
Ainley Group is currently seeking an Intermediate Municipal Engineer to join our Water & Wastewater department in our Collingwood or Mississauga Offices. This individual will be responsible for the delivery of linear collection and distribution infrastructure projects. As part of our Water Wastewater conveyance group, this individual will contribute to our growth in this exciting market segment.
The selected individual will become part of an enthusiastic group of experts offering robust answers to the infrastructure demands of the future. You’ll also gain the chance to play a vital role in a team that delivers highly acclaimed engineering solutions tailored to our clients’ requirements. The specifics of the position are as follows:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in the delivery of planning studies, preliminary designs, detailed designs, tendering and construction.
- Execute the design of public sector municipal servicing projects under the direction of one of our Senior Project Managers, including treatment facility civil works, force mains, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, watermains, and feeder mains.
- Coordinating, Coaching, and Mentoring junior staff.
- Be cognizant of project budgets and project schedules and participate in project controls.
- Liaise with various municipal, utility and approval agencies, and maintain client communications.
- Assist Contract Administrator and Field Inspection staff on construction projects (engineering support services and coordination).
- Support senior staff with shop drawing reviews, processing of payment certificates, change orders, and support of field staff with the preparation of project design and record drawings.
- Assist with start-up, testing and commissioning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience relating to the design and construction administration of Municipal Water and Wastewater Infrastructure projects.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or C.E.T., preferably in Ontario.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience with the following:
- Condition assessments, trenchless technologies, and pipeline rehabilitation.
- Ontario Environmental standards and guidelines.
- Planning/approvals and permitting processes.
- Project management and project controls experience on municipal water and sewer projects is an asset.
- Superior English communication skills, both oral and technical writing.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills; adept at leading meetings and presenting to clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; AutoCAD/MicroStation/Civil 3D experience would be an asset.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Annual Salary increases based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Intermediate Design Engineer (Water – Wastewater Projects)
Location: Collingwood or Mississauga