Collingwood or Mississauga
Ainley Group is currently seeking an experienced Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) Lead to join our Collingwood or Mississauga Offices. As the successful candidate, you will have experience in Municipal Class EA’s specifically related to Municipal Water, Wastewater & Road Infrastructure projects.
The selected individual will become part of an enthusiastic group of experts offering robust answers to the infrastructure demands of the future. You’ll also gain the chance to play a vital role in a team that delivers highly acclaimed engineering solutions tailored to our clients’ requirements. The specifics of the position are as follows:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and Manage projects for Municipal clients related to Class EA process for Water, Wastewater & Road projects.
- Develop and lead key innovative consultation processes with Agencies and Indigenous communities.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams on exciting and challenging projects, with a focus on removing barriers and improving communication and transparency.
- Play a key role in the growth and development of the group by empowering, inspiring, and energizing the team.
- Build client relationships through identification of market opportunities, client communications, preparation of proposals, and business development activities.
- Ability to review and respond to RFPs and prepare project Proposals related to Class Environment Assessments.
- Participate in professional associations and committees.
- Coordinating and mentoring intermediate and junior staff working within the department.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Ontario, preferably in the consulting industry, working on Class EA’s for Municipal infrastructure projects.
- A university degree or post-undergraduate college diploma in planning, environmental studies, biology, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of applicable Laws and Regulations including policies, guidelines, and approval requirements.
- Experience in the design and delivery of stakeholder and Indigenous Community engagement programs, including the use of innovative virtual engagement tools.
- Strong communication, report writing, organization, interpersonal skills.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute is considered an asset.
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to take initiative.
- Committed to success through personal development and team advancement.
- Passionate about innovative approaches to public and stakeholder engagement.
- Desire to be a key member of a solution-oriented, multi-disciplinary team.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Annual Salary increases based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Class Environmental Assessment Lead for Municipal Projects
Location: Collingwood or Mississauga