Barrie or Collingwood
Ainley Group is currently seeking a CAD Civil Designer to join our Barrie or Collingwood Office. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to prepare designs and contract drawings for municipal infrastructure projects in a dynamic team setting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the design of new roads, road improvements, watermain, sewers, and stormwater management projects.
- Use Civil 3D to prepare accurate and detailed drawings to illustrate the proposed design, prepare calculations, and quantity estimates.
- Assist with redline revisions to drawings and preparation of record drawings for completed projects.
- Provide support and collaborate with engineers, technicians and other team members to complete projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of engineering and CAD standards
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Civil Technician with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a Design Office in Ontario.
- Fluent in AutoCAD and Civil 3D as it relates to municipal infrastructure.
- Experience with Microstation & InRoads would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills in other software, including Word, Excel & MS Project.
- Familiarity with various municipal and provincial design and drafting standards.
- Experience in preliminary design and detailed design associated with municipal infrastructure projects.
- Independent, organized, resourceful, and motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
CAD Civil Designer
Location: Barrie or Collingwood