Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa
Ainley Group is currently seeking a Bridge Design Engineer in our Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa Office. As a successful candidate, you will use your proven technical skills and abilities to plan, design, and administer all aspects of bridge rehabilitation and replacement projects in a dynamic team setting.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while coordinating projects and interfacing with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Structural design of new bridges, culverts, retaining walls and structural repairs in accordance with CSA-S6-CHBDC;
- Coordination and liaison with clients, approving authorities, and outside design team members;
- Preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, and cost estimates along with coordination of the construction administration associated with replacement and/or rehabilitation of existing bridge structures;
- Maintenance of existing client base and business development to expand the client base, including preparation of technical proposals and fee estimates to secure future bridge projects in order to maintain profitability within the Bridges Group; and
- Coordinating, coaching, and mentoring intermediate and junior staff.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design of transportation structures in Ontario;
- Strong working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CAN-S6) and the MTO Structural Manual;
- Strong computer software skills relating to current structural analysis software, along with AutoCAD, Word, Excel & MS Project;
- Potential for MTO RAQS registration in the design and evaluation of complex structures (multispan) would be an asset;
- Independent, organized and motivated team player with excellent oral and written (English) communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to develop effective and trustworthy relationships both with clients and within the organization; and
- Proactive mindset and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Bridge Design Engineer
Location: Belleville, Kingston or Ottawa