Ainley Group is currently seeking a Structural Design Engineer associated with Water/Wastewater Infrastructure in our Brampton Office. As the successful candidate, you will use your proven technical skills and abilities to plan, design, and administer all aspects of new Water Wastewater Infrastructure projects in a dynamic team setting.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while coordinating projects and interfacing with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce and/or lead structural engineering designs, specifications, and cost estimates from conception to final design for water and wastewater infrastructures.
- Ensure timely completion of project deliverables and able to manage several projects at once and determine priorities, including sound judgement and decisiveness
- Coordinating with subconsultants including geotechnical/hydrogeological subconsultants. Work with the project manager to create Terms of Reference for geotechnical/hydrogeological investigations.
- Provide engineering services during construction contracts, including but not limited to review shop drawings, respond to contractor construction questions and provide solutions, perform site inspections of structural design elements, attend construction meetings as needed, resolve design-related installation issues, calculations, field inspections, and testing of materials.
- Communicate and work with other project team members to provide quality service to clients to ensure that all documentation conforms to client/company standards
- Mentor and supervise junior and intermediate engineers.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario.
- Minimum of 10 years of diverse structural engineering experience with a focus on water and wastewater infrastructure projects in Ontario.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise technical reports, design briefs, memoranda, site instructions, responses to queries, etc.
- Conversant with Ontario Building Code, National building Code of Canada – NBCC and provincial building codes, CSA codes for design of steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability for completed work.
- Strong ability to develop effective and trustworthy relationships both with project teams, within the organization, and with clients.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a positive attitude.
- Skills in budget and schedule controls.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Structural Design Engineer – Water/Wastewater Infrastructure