Barrie or Collingwood
Ainley Group is currently seeking a Structural Bridge Technician/Technologist in our Barrie or Collingwood Offices. As the successful candidate, you will assist our growing team to plan, design, and administer all aspects of bridge/culvert rehabilitation and replacement projects.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your strong technical and interpersonal skills while coordinating projects and interfacing with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completion of field inspections and data collection as per the Ontario Structural Inspection Manual.
- Completion of structural design calculations for new bridges, culverts, retaining walls and structural repairs in accordance with CSA-S6-CHBDC.
- Preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, and cost estimates associated with replacement and/or rehabilitation of existing bridge and culvert structures.
- Assistance with contract administration duties such as review of shop drawings, measurement of quantities, preparation of payment certificates, and issuance of performance certificates.
- Coordination and liaison with clients, approving authorities, subconsultants, and contractors.
- Completion of a College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology.
- Strong focus and desire to work in the transportation structure field.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CAN-S6) and the MTO Structural Manual.
- Knowledge of construction practices.
- Strong computer software skills, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel & MS Project would be an asset.
- Independent, organized and motivated team player with excellent oral and written (English) communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive mindset and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Previous experience in a similar position would be considered an asset.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Structural Bridge Technician/Technologist
Location: Barrie or Collingwood