Ainley Group is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our Collingwood Office. This position requires a skilled individual and people-person, with the ability to manage staff, budgets and have a proven track record as an experienced team leader, as well as having a strong profile and contact network in Ontario.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of transportation projects include preparing Planning Reports, Preliminary and Detailed Designs, Contract Administration of new or the rehabilitation of arterial roads, collector roads, local roads, and bike trails for Regional and local Municipalities.
- Coordinate and oversee the submission of proposals for transportation projects either in a lead role or in conjunction with other key Ainley staff.
- Identify and assist with hiring and mentoring of Engineers and/or Technologists within the Transportation Department.
- Assist to develop, manage, and mentor a cohesive Transportation team.
- Manage staff resources and Client expectations related to Transportation projects.
- Prepare and oversee Contract Specifications, Tender Documents, and Agency Applications for Approvals.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-consultants, Contractors and construction supervision staff.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensed in Ontario with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a Design Office in Ontario.
- Strong computer software skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, Excel & MS Project. Additional software experience with Micro-Station and/or InRoads would be an asset.
- Experience in planning, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction administration associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of divided highways, arterial and collector roads, local roads, and bike trails.
- Skilled in cost estimating, quantity preparation and specification writing.
- Have a track record of gaining approval of infrastructure designs from roads authorities and environmental agencies.
- Independent, Organized and Motivated Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Senior Transportation Engineer/Group Lead