Barrie or Collingwood
Ainley Group is currently seeking an experienced candidate to join our Barrie or Collingwood Office to coordinate the peer review of development engineering projects for our municipal sector clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the peer review of engineering drawings, reports, calculations, and other documents submitted in support of land development applications made to our municipal clients.
- Prepare peer review comments and correspondence as well as coordinate with the client, developer, developer’s engineering team, and other review/approvals agencies.
- During the construction phase, coordinate and complete field inspections to ensure compliance with approved drawings as well as the respective development agreement, witness testing and commissioning of systems, including maintaining detailed and accurate records and field notes.
- Assist with the administration of the respective development agreement, including making recommendations regarding certificates of completion as well as securities to be held by the municipality.
- Review and investigate questions, concerns, and complaints received from the public, including coordinating with the developer and their engineering team to ensure satisfactory follow up and completion of any remedial work.
- Assist with other tasks, as required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Ontario specifically in land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- P. Eng. or CET designation, registered in the Province of Ontario.
- Other applicable training and certifications such as CISEC would be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure design and construction principles, standards, specifications, and practices is required.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable Laws and Regulations including Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety and their application in construction projects.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office software programs.
- Superior analytical, decision-making, and negotiation skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefits plan.
- Matched pension plan.
- Participation in company profit-sharing plan
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Development Engineering Coordinator
Location: Barrie or Collingwood