Ainley Group is currently seeking an experienced Contract Administrator to join our Barrie office. As the successful candidate, you will have successfully administered several municipal infrastructure projects, including road and linear water & wastewater projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviewing and thoroughly understanding contract drawings and documents, including participating in constructability reviews and providing feedback to the design team.
- Preparing for, coordinating, and leading preconstruction, regular bi-weekly, and postconstruction meetings with municipal clients, Contractors, utilities, and other stakeholders.
- Organizing and maintaining records of materials testing, quantities, and contractor performance related to site instructions and change orders.
- Preparing electronic forms, records, progress payment documents, performance certificates, and other documentation along with issuance of all related correspondence.
- Reviewing and responding to requests for information, claims for extra, complaints, and other inquiries.
- Supervising and mentoring on site inspection staff.
- Liaising with municipal staff, contractors, the public, and others.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Ontario providing contract administration of municipal infrastructure with a strong focus in roads, water & wastewater projects.
- C.E.T. or eligible for registration as a C.E.T. in the Province of Ontario and/or the Road Construction Contract Administrator (rcca) designation would be an asset.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office software programs; AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure design and construction principles, standards, specifications, construction contract administration and scheduling.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable Laws and Regulations including
- Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety and their application in construction projects.
- Superior analytical, decision-making, and negotiation skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!