Ainley Group is currently seeking an experienced Contract Administrator to join our Barrie office. As a successful candidate, you will have successfully administered several municipal infrastructure projects, including road and linear water & wastewater projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviewing and thoroughly understanding contract drawings and documents, including participating in constructability reviews and providing feedback to the design team.
- Preparing for, coordinating, and leading preconstruction, regular bi-weekly, and postconstruction meetings with municipal clients, Contractors, utilities, and other stakeholders.
- Organizing and maintaining records of materials testing, quantities, and contractor performance related to site instructions and change orders.
- Preparing electronic forms, records, progress payment documents, performance certificates, and other documentation along with issuance of all related correspondence.
- Reviewing and responding to requests for information, claims for extra, complaints, and other inquiries.
- Supervising and mentoring on site inspection staff.
- Liaising with municipal staff, contractors, the public, and others.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Ontario providing contract administration of municipal infrastructure with a strong focus in roads, water & wastewater projects.
- C.E.T. or eligible for registration as a C.E.T. in the Province of Ontario and/or the Road Construction Contract Administrator (rcca) designation would be an asset.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office software programs; AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure design and construction principles, standards, specifications, construction contract administration and scheduling.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable Laws and Regulations including
- Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety and their application in construction projects.
- Superior analytical, decision-making, and negotiation skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Flexible schedule and work life balance.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Participation in a company profit-sharing plan.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!