Barrie and Brampton
Ainley Group is currently seeking two (2) Construction Inspectors to join our Barrie and Brampton offices. As the successful candidate, you will have experience related to the construction inspection of municipal infrastructure projects with a strong focus in roads, water and wastewater projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- On-site supervising and inspecting municipal road, water and wastewater infrastructure projects to ensure compliance with contract drawings and documents.
- Organizing and maintaining clear and concise daily records of progress, quantities, materials testing, contractor performance, changes, deficiencies, or other concerns.
- Reviewing and responding to requests for information, claims for extra, complaints, and other inquiries.
- Attending and participating in preconstruction, regular biweekly, and post-construction meetings.
- Coordinating and liaising with the Contract Administrator, Municipal Staff, Contractors, Materials Testing Consultants, the public, and other stakeholders.
- Assisting the Contract Administrator in preparing electronic forms, records, progress payment documents, performance certificates, and other documentation.
- Assisting the Contract Administrator with preparing as-built and/or record drawings and documents.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Ontario in the inspection and supervision of municipal infrastructure with a strong focus in roads, water & wastewater projects.
- Eligible for registration as a C.E.T. in the Province of Ontario; and/or rcsi designation would be an asset.
- Candidates must have recent and relevant experience in working with municipalities in implementing, upgrading and rehabilitating municipal infrastructure.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office software programs; AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience would be an asset.
- Experience in the construction of pump stations, reservoirs and water & wastewater treatment facilities would also be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure construction principles, standards, specifications, and materials.
- Superior analytical, decision-making, and negotiation skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to safety and completion of relevant safety training.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Sick leave and personal leave.
- Comprehensive benefit plan upon hiring.
- Matched pension plan upon hiring.
- Continuous training and professional development.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Access to advanced technology tools.
And much more!
Construction Inspectors (2)
Location: Barrie and Brampton